Saturday, September 8, 2012



My Latest Creations

I've been working on several projects over the past few weeks. I went to the store without anything particular in mind, and pick a skein of this and that according to the colors that caught my eye. So, I ran out of yarn on nearly everything I started, and had to go back and buy more. Not a good method, but I just wanted to start a new project. Hadn't made up my mind. So here's some pics of the finished projects I've done so far.

Infinity Scarf
The pattern for this one can be found here: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/infinity-scarf-0




Rah Rah Ruffles Scarf

The pattern for this scarf can be found here: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/rah-rah-ruffles-scarf



Sporty Footies

The pattern for these can be found here: http://www.freepatterns.com/detail.html?code=FC00804


On the Town Shawl
 I made this using Caron Simply Soft yarn, my favorite, and used a Red Heart pattern I got here: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/town-shawl  The pictures don't really do the colors justice. This is a really beautiful variegated yarn. The pattern calls for a G hook, but I used an H. So, it's quite a bit wider than it would have been.  I had a little difficulty with the pattern when it came to the edging, so I just picked another edging and used it instead. I'm working on another shawl from this pattern, and I am gonna give it another try from the pattern. Hopefully I will be able to get it accomplished. My brain fog was just too thick that day. lol


Blossomy Scarf
 I used Caron Simply Soft on this scarf also. The pattern I purchased on Ravelry here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/blossomy  I really have enjoyed this pattern. It was priced very reasonably at $1.99, and there are no restrictions that I found for this pattern in regard to selling your finished project. I played with the pattern a bit and added the flower to the center of the motif on the ends of the scarf. I like the way it turned out, and it gave it a little different twist.


Rose Tendrils Scarf
 I have to go back and find my pattern for this one also. I don't remember the correct name of it or where it came from. I t was not a difficult one to make, and this is the one I'm keeping for myself. I will correct the name of the pattern and tell you where to find it as soon as I can find it to correct my post. I really like the pattern and am happy with how it turned out. I made a little shorter than the pattern called for to customize it to my own personal use. 



No comments:

Post a Comment